A milder summer than that of 2015 led to a significant negative impact on soft drinks consumption particularly the carbonates, squash/syrups and still drinks categories. Iced/RTD tea drinks and flavored waters continued their positive trend reflecting the consumer demand for products that have natural, healthy and low-calorie attributes. The positive trend in sports drinks sales was fuelled by increased brand exposure of leading player due to their partnership with both the UEFA soccer championship and Olympic Summer Games in Rio. Private Label soft drinks volumes continued to plunge in Q3-16 except for still drinks that were flat.
- Nearly all Private Label soft drinks continued to lose volume due to fierce competition from brand offers and a negative performance of many soft drinks categories.
- Flavored water remains very popular as consumer preference is to drink natural soft drinks with little/no sugar content.
- French consumers overall chose to drink less but that of a higher quality, which explains the success of NFC premium juice.
- Total alcoholic drinks growth was nearly flat in Q3-16 in comparison to Q3-15.
Canadeans France Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the France beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in France to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation