Greece has generally favorable weather conditions despite increased rainfall. Soft drinks declined compared with Q3-15, driven in particular by heavier losses in iced/RTD coffee drinks, sports drinks, packaged water, juice, squash/syrups and nectars and more subdued losses in iced/RTD tea drinks, still drinks, flavored water and carbonates, while energy drinks continued to record growth. Sales of alcoholic drinks declined during the quarter; fortified wine, FABs and spirits continued to face losses. Wine and beer recorded more subdued losses, while cider continued its growth.
- PL products performed below the market in all soft drinks categories.
- Packaged juice remains a premium category, which is not perceived as a necessity.
- Packaged water consumption declined as a result of reduced consumer spending, owing to high unemployment and increased taxation.
- Consumers continued to cut back their expenditure, especially on non-staple, premium-priced categories, such as iced/RTD tea drinks.
Canadeans Greece Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Greece beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Greece to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation