With the good summer and the increase in consumers considering packaged water a healthy drink many new players emerged in the packaged and bulk/HOD water categories. Many sub-regional bulk/HOD water players upgraded to polycarbonate bottles with handles. A sharp increase was witnessed in imports from Europe, South East Asia and America, which boosted the quarter to show positive soft drinks sales. The importance of imports was gaining ground with nutritious ingredients such as basil seeds, chia seeds and nata de coco. Despite bans, higher duties and taxes, alcoholic drinks have recorded positive growth driven by sales in
outer cities and the start in production of alcoholic drinks by UB group in Bihar
- New product launches and expansion of SKUs with no big price changes has been recorded in soft drinks categories in the quarter.
- The good summer weather played a major role in the growth of many categories including packaged water, juice, nectars and still drinks.
- Private Label helped the carbonates category to grow with economical pricing, various flavors and SKUs.
- Low sugar still drinks from regional players in the second quarter have increased in SKUs with new flavors in the third quarter.
Canadeans India Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the India beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in India to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation