In Q3-16, sales of soft drinks declined. All major categories suffered losses as a result of the less favorable climatic conditions compared to 2015. Alcoholic drinks declined by approaching x% in Q3-16, principally driven by the falling consumption of beer, which lacked the boost to demand as a result of the exceptionally high temperatures recorded in Q3-15. Volume consumption of dairy drinks remained flat versus Q3-15 due to exceptionally warm weather during summer 2015, which had strongly decreased dairy consumption over a more typical summer such as 2016. In the packaged water category, in contrast to recent trends, PL brands lost share in modern retail, principally
driven by carbonated variants.
- PL products outperformed the market during the quarter.
- Sales of wine also declined during the quarter, principally driven by falling consumer demand in modern retail for a medium-low priced table wine, predominantly packed in cartons and bottles larger than 75cl.
- Sales of ambient juice in modern retail suffered from a significant increase in the average base price per liter, combined with a major reduction in promotional support and less aggressive promotional price cuts.
- In the retail channel, the squash/syrups category continues to lose out to other fruit-based categories which are ready-to-drink and enjoy a healthier image.
Canadeans Italy Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Italy beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Italy to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation