Latvians continue to live healthy lifestyles and look for healthy products. Hence, less sugary drinks and functional drinks were on the rise, while sugary soft drinks are declining in consumption volume. This trend is further boosted by the recent ban on the sales of sugary drinks at educational institutions. Sports drinks and enhanced water, both still new and small categories, are rapidly growing at the moment. The dairy industry started to finally recover. All commercial beverage market largely stagnated, having increased in consumption volume by less than a percent, compared to the same time period in 2015.
- Latvia finally started moving towards banning the sale of beer and other alcoholic beverages in large PETs (above 50cl).
- Despite the shrinking market size, local consumption of beverages has slightly risen.
- Juice is one of the three categories, together with nectars and packaged water, where PL products account for a significant market share.
- The price of still drinks has increased over the year, resulting in a lower demand for the drinks.
Canadeans Latvia Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Latvia beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Latvia to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation