Rainy days and low temperatures during the key summer months resulted in decline for the beverages Market. Unfavorable weather and increasing prices, especially for services after the euro was introduced resulted in a decline for all commercial beverages in Q3-16. Alcoholic beverages suffered a drop, mostly from the impact of increased excise tax and thus price growth for the end consumer. Dairy beverages also contracted as a result of many rainy days and growing prices. Total Soft drinks contracted, consumers were purchasing packaged water and enhanced water, turning away from beverages perceived to be unhealthy, such as carbonates, still drinks and nectars. The performance of Private Label products was similar to the branded products, as some of the consumers enjoyed the slightly lower prices of PL lines.
- Packaged water growth was fuelled by the health and wellness trend, with consumers switching from carbonated beverages containing sugar to regular packaged water or beverages without sweeteners.
- The consumption of bulk/HOD water remained stable with a slight increase due to unfavorable weather.
- Price discounts on juice had a negative impact on the nectars category.
- The iced/RTD tea drinks have long lost consumer appeal and have been declining for many years now.
Canadeans Lithuania Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Lithuania beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Lithuania to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation