Soft drinks went up by 2% and it was the same growth rate for ACB overall. The main soft drinks volume gains came from packaged water and iced/RTD tea drinks, but also a slight positive trend (+1%) was recorded in the largest soft drinks category, carbonates. On the other side the ACB categories recovery was driven by brewers, thanks to more promotional activities, bulk/HOD water, thanks to more competition and better market coverage. Growing competition in the modern trade provided more aggressive price promotions which has widened the consumer base. New consumer patterns emerged, based on the highest shopping priorities and needs.
- Added value promotions with aggressive prices were the main volume generator.
- Despite the growing 'on the go' channel, high price levels for iced/RTD coffee drinks prevented any serious volume increase for such a young category in the market.
- Poor Horeca food sales contributed to the poor wine consumption.
- Health concerns and the want for a healthy diet put soymilk in a high ranking position and kept its loyal consumers.
Canadeans Macedonia Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Macedonia beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Macedonia to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation