All Soft Drinks categories enjoyed positive growth except squash/syrups, fruit powders and iced/RTD tea drinks during Q3-16. Fruit powders continued to be
negatively affected by the considerable marketing and price promotions for other categories such as packaged water and other products such as adas (local fruit flavored carbonated drinks). Modern retail is boosting Enhanced Water growth, though volume remained small in Q3-16, but more brands are appearing as consumers start to pay attention to this product. In alcoholic beverages, Beer, Wine, Spirits and FABs continued to perform at positive rate where as Cider remains as a seasonal beverage.
- Within packaged water category, family sized packaging remained positive, but with lower growth while individual packaging continued to grow.
- The light segment within the carbonates category declined, almost all of the brands reported negative results.
- Imported brands are entering the market in the enhanced water category, and were gaining market share.
- The squash/syrups category continued to lose market share, due to lack of marketing and innovation.
Canadeans Mexico Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Mexico beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Mexico to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation