The soft drinks market is showing an overall growth again, which is a refreshing feeling for stakeholders in the industry. Record warm temperatures were reached for periods of five to ten days in sequence notably in July and September, pushing the volumes forward. ACBs remained stable as the winning categories outweighed the losing ones. Packaged water saw a spectacular two digit jump in Q3-16 fuelled by a number of congruent factors; health concerns about sugar intake, as well as more disposable income which has been the common theme behind the growth throughout the year. Hot drinks remained stable with a minimal dip.
- Nectars saw a strong drop in Q3-16 as consumers are increasingly interested in the ingredients list of their "juice" and therefore tend to avoid products that they think could contain sugar.
- Albert Heijn continues to bring out new products that follow the latest consumer trends.
- Consumers are not seeing the USPs of the sports drinks category and apart from a minute few, are not willing to part with their hard earned cash in order to obtain a drink.
- The warmer weather and slowly recovering Horeca helped push volumes a little extra in beer.
Canadeans Netherlands Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Netherlands beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Netherlands to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation