The warmer summer had a positive effect on consumption for most soft drinks categories except juice, nectars, still drinks and sports drinks. The warmer weather gave a boost to the overall packaged water market and also to carbonates, which benefited from promotional activity by the major manufacturers. The dairy category saw modest growth for flavored milk and traditional fermented, but drinking yogurts continued to edge back in consumption. White milk showed a minor decline, which is possibly due to the expected falling demand in the summer months. Driven by the weather conditions beer and cider consumption showed modest growth in Q3-16 however, as a result, spirits and fortified wine both showed a decline in consumption.
- The juice market continued its declining trend, which has been mainly fuelled by the sugar debate.
- PET packaging remains dominant in the squash/syrups category.
- Private Label brands continued to put pressure on the packaged water, carbonates and juice and nectars categories.
- Hot coffee remains Norways favorite beverage, but is now a very mature market.
Canadeans Norway Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Norway beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Norway to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation