The weather in Q3-16 was colder than the corresponding months in 2015, with a much colder August. This impacted negatively on several soft drinks categories and especially on packaged water, flavored water and still drinks. In Q3-16 the best performing soft drink categories were sports drinks, enhanced water, iced/RTD coffee drinks, juice and energy drinks. Dairy drinks further developed during the quarter, driven by flavored milk, fermented milk and white milk categories. Within alcohol drinks, the drivers were cider, FABs and wine. The smallest soft drinks category managed to increase during the quarter, thanks to the improved distribution of imported and domestic iced/RTD coffee brands. Private Label products observed further growth in Q3-16 when compared to the same period in 2015.
- The slight growth was registered in Bulk/HOD water category, thanks to an increase in promotional offers, both for institutions and home delivery clients.
- The carbonates category declined driven mainly by the significant decline of non-cola flavors, which suffered as a result of increased competition from other categories.
- Enhanced water noted further good growth in Q3-16, as 'value added products' become more popular amongst the Polish population.
- Improved distribution and significant marketing support aided sports drinks category growth in Q3-16.
Canadeans Poland Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Poland beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Poland to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation