In Q3-16, consumption was influenced by the warmer average temperature than in the previous year. Portugal welcomed new increases of overseas visitors in Q3-16 that benefitted the consumption of soft drinks. Carbonates, sports drinks and beer results were benefitted by the Olympic events held in August, 2016. Some international leading brands capitalized on this for its sponsor activities or for the running of prize promotions. The channels including online stores or duty-free shops in airports have done pretty well due to the increase of international flight passengers and the success of new online supermarkets. Premium and organized bars in most cases began to move prices up while most of the traditional Horeca outlets kept prices untouched in Q3-16.
- Important international events such as the Olympics of Rio helped with the consumption soft drinks and beer in Q3-16.
- The carbonates category had a slight increase in Q3-16, driven again by the improvement of consumption in the key on-premise channels.
- The single size packs have taken share to multi-serve packs due to more consumption for 'on the go' in the packaged water category.
- FC juice has lost volume due to consumers shifting to more expensive NFC chilled juice.
Canadeans Portugal Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Portugal beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Portugal to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation