The weather in Q3-16 got off to a mixed start with average or below average temperatures. The quarter ended dull, with a wet and mild September. The poor weather didn't help to bolster consumption of soft drinks. However, total soft drinks managed to post a slight positive growth. Packaged water continues to enjoy growth as consumers seek to lower their sugar intake from beverages, migrating away from more sugary variants or trading down. Flavored water posted an impressive volume growth in Q3-16, as the category continues to benefit from the perceived image of health that water conveys despite some brands having sugar present. Energy drinks bucked the trend reporting volume growth in Q3-16 as the consumers in this category are frequently attracted to the functional benefits the drink offers.
- Volumes of hot tea experienced a marginal decline, whereas hot coffee consumption increased driven by both on and off-premise consumption.
- Consumption of still drinks experienced volume decline in Q3-16, as it faced ongoing pressure surrounding the sugar in soft drinks.
- Niche segments such as coconut water are growing in popularity.
- Within alcoholic drinks, beer and cider both experienced decline, however cider to a much greater extent.
Canadeans Republic Of Ireland Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Republic Of Ireland beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Republic Of Ireland to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation