The all commercial beverage market did not show the anticipated signs of slowing down as the effects of the VAT reductions faded. Fairly good weather makes its contribution to beverage growth. Improvement in tourist activities created significant additional demand for beverages in both on and off-premise. Commercial beverage consumption thus continued on an uptrend, driven by the combined positive effects of macro factors (including summer tourism)and by the further marketing and innovation efforts of key players. Private Label in the soft drinks industry has not stood out in terms of a more dynamic performance vs. brands in Q3-16, nor in terms of noticeable new projects with a strong impact on any of the main categories.
- The diversification of offerings seems to have rather stagnated in Q3 2016, the low baseline allows for flavored water to grow at a double-digit rate.
- Carbonates demonstrated a good single digit growth in Q3 2016, as international brands were efficiently drawing overall consumption potential towards their products.
- A niche of "medicinal water" is beginning, with alkaline water products standing out in terms of grasping shelf space and media exposure.
- Capsules (portion) remained as a fast growing niche (double-digit) in the hot coffee market.
Canadeans Romania Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Romania beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Romania to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation