In Q3-16, most soft drinks categories are estimated to have demonstrated a negative trend as a result of the significant drop in consumers disposable income which retracted demand of majority budget-oriented consumers in Russia. For the first time since the beginning of 2016, packaged water is estimated to have shown positive performance, driven by favorable weather conditions in Q3-16. Juice, nectars and still drinks have been mostly suffering from a demand drop driven by elevated retail prices (due
to increased costs of imported concentrates). Dairy drinks consumption has demonstrated a slight positive trend driven by increased sales volumes in the white and fermented milk segments. Alcoholic drinks combined sales volumes are estimated to perform almost flat, following a similar trend in the beer category which prevails in total alcoholic drinks consumption.
- Within packaged water, still packaged water demonstrated greater increase than carbonated, supporting the overall consumer shift towards non-carbonated drinks.
- PL carbonates have continued showing a positive performance, driven by highly competitive price offerings, along with the flavor portfolio expansion of PL brands.
- Flavored water still remains underdeveloped in Russia and has been limited by consumers being cautious, mainly due to health issues.
- In Q3-16 energy drinks continued their positive performance which was driven by the increasing popularity among consumers supported by rapid expansion into regions.
Canadeans Russia Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Russia beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Russia to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation