Soft drinks and ACB both see a reduction in volumes. Soft drinks negative trend was mainly driven by the poor packaged water performance and the lost shelf space for juice, nectars and iced/RTD tea drinks categories. Additional sales in flooded regions from previous years were not repeated and together with new consumer patterns, based on the highest shopping priorities and needs, the packaged water volumes lost in this quarter were significant. ACB categories drop was driven by more rational spending. Health and obesity concerns affected all categories with alcohol content, including beer, spirits and wine. On the other side drinking yogurt took share from white milk in the dairy sector, thanks to more promotional activities. Better market coverage provided additional volumes for bulk/HOD water. Growing health trends provided faster growth for hot tea rather than hot coffee.
- Flavored water is perceived as a premium category and as a healthier alternative than carbonates or still drinks by average consumers.
- Permanent price promotions of dairy drinks, especially on larger family size PET was not enough to compensate the losses from more rational consumption.
- The wider range of different PET pack sizes provided wider shelf space for the whole packaged water category.
- Sugar price turbulence and permanent changes discouraged most of the smaller producers of the squash/syrups.
Canadeans Serbia Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Serbia beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Serbia to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation