Higher household spending aided by the real wage growth is supporting soft drinks consumption. Weather was no longer a market driver during the summer period. Soft drinks volume will experience annual growth in general this year compared to the previous year in both on and off premise channels. Consumer demand is still price sensitive and consumers will focus on discounted branded products. The carbonates market recorded single digit growth in Q3-16 compared to the same period of the previous year. Brand owners continued with their price cuts and special offers especially in the retail channel, which pushed the market up further. The on-premise channels' positive development supported the growth of the alcoholic drinks market.
- The enhanced water market is still small with a low product range, limited consumer awareness and poor marketing support from part of the main manufacturers.
- Flavored water was becoming more popular as a milder version of still drinks and carbonates.
- Cola flavor dominated the market representing over two thirds of all carbonates category.
- Consumers slowly turned their interest to juice as they are healthy and also represent a good living standard.
Canadeans Slovak Republic Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Slovak Republic beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Slovak Republic to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation