In Q3-16, weather was favorable for beverage consumption, especially soft drinks and beer. Packaged water and carbonates performed ahead of overall soft drinks consumption, but have not managed to surpass the high consumption level of Q3-15 set last year by the extraordinary hot summer. Popularity of energy drinks among Slovenes further boosted sales in the category. Beer remains the focus of consumer attention and interest, while cultured dairy drinks continued to decline. Private Label products, which hold a notable position in the Slovenian market, are gradually losing market share in many categories. After poor consumption in spring, producers facilitated many promotional discounts in summer in order to stimulate consumption. Consumers were attracted by major brands.
- Reserved consumer spending and sugar issues continue to rule consumption.
- The Flavored Water category was pushed down by still flavored water.
- Enhanced water continued to contract in Q3-16, mirroring the declining popularity of flavored water with which it is associated.
- Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks category had stable consumption in Q3-16, supported by new products and promotional activities.
Canadeans Slovenia Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Slovenia beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Slovenia to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation