In Q3-16, consumption was influenced by the warmer than average temperature when compared to the previous year. Spain welcomed new increases in overseas visitors in Q3-16 that benefitted the consumption of soft drinks. Premium and organized bars in most cases began to increase prices while most traditional Horeca outlets kept prices untouched in Q3-16. Important international events such as the Olympics in Rio helped consumption of some soft drinks and beer in Q3-16. The Private Label segment lost market share at the hands of branded products, mainly due to consumer perception of more added value in producer brands. Companies took advantage of economic recovery and geared their focus towards value and profits.
- Carbonates, sports drinks and beer benefitted from the Olympic events held in August 2016.
- Iced/RTD tea drinks has increased its perception of being a lifestyle-based beverage thanks to the marketing activity implemented by Nestea.
- Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks category held its vigorous growth based on convenience and trendy flavors.
- Sports Drinks category has benefitted from the amount of noise on social media surrounding sports, owing to the Olympics in Brazil.
Canadeans Spain Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Spain beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Spain to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation