Warm August and September prompted shift from hot to cold drinks consumption and led to rise in overall soft drinks consumption. Soft drink Private Label fares better than brands. It may vary by category but overall Private Label products are outperforming branded alternatives this year. The strongest results are coming from packaged water, both plain and flavored, carbonates and portion sized still drinks. In the juice and nectar categories, Private Label continues to struggle due to their ambient bias. The interest in new beers and the craft beer segment is pushing beer consumption in pubs, bars and restaurants up this year.
- Plain carbonated packaged water continued to lose share to their flavored counterparts but are in positive growth for the year.
- In coffee shops and cafes, the better weather has encouraged more juice consumption and less hot drinks sales.
- The enhanced summer boosted the regular squash/syrups segment mainly due to the category being weather sensitive.
- The Olympics were a major fillip for regular sports drinks and this has boosted the category.
Canadeans Sweden Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Sweden beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Sweden to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation