The soft drinks segment continued to struggle and volumes were once again down. All commercial beverages posted a decline brought about by poor summer weather and reduced tourist numbers due to the weakness of the Euro. Similar to most categories the poor weather in Q3-16 impacted the carbonates category. Nearly all major players posted declines as well as Private Label lines. The momentum in Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks category continued into Q3-16 and volumes continue to grow. A similar pattern to the previous quarter was witnessed as nectars had a marginally better performance than the other juice drink categories. Still drinks continued to appear to be stealing volume from other categories, within juice drinks predominantly despite the poor summer.
- Alcohol suffered in Q3-16 brought about by a weak performance within the Horeca sector due to the poor weather.
- Both hot tea and hot coffee have seen growth in Q3-16, because of added health benefits.
- Still waters continued to outperform carbonated but in Q3-16 it also experienced a negative result albeit not as bad as carbonated.
- The juice category was influenced by the debate and media attention focused on health and sugar in drinks.
Canadeans Switzerland Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Switzerland beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Switzerland to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation