The weather was rather hot, which supported soft drinks sales in general in Q3-16. However, the political and economic crisis in the country was the reason behind the decrease in the consumption of commercial beverages. Consumers faced with a still troubled economy continue to reduce their spending. Very few new products were launched during Q3-16. Most launches planned for 2016 have been postponed until 2017 and the awaited better economic environment. The beer market continues to decrease in Ukraine, mainly due to falling consumer spending power. All market operators decreased production volumes accordingly. The warm summer, however supported beer sales during the hot season. Hot coffee continues to show signs of improvement in Ukraine. Home consumption is on the up as a result of the economic crisis, and traditional hot coffee benefits from this. The structure of the market is slowly changing.
- Many consumers started to see carbonates as a more affordable alternative to juice and nectars; with price being now the main factor influencing consumption habits.
- Premium juice continued to lose out to discount products in 2016.
- Heavy advertising of the leading brands increased the popularity of the iced/RTD tea drinks category.
- Consumption of wine continued to decline in Q3-16 due to falling consumer purchasing power.
Canadeans Ukraine Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Ukraine beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Ukraine to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation