Overall soft drinks consumption increased, driven largely by further dynamic growth for all major packaged water segments, especially carbonated water. An improved performance for carbonates was observed, with low but positive growth for regular carbonates, but no respite for low calorie products which continued to sink. It was a strong quarter for sports drinks and more progress for iced/RTD coffee drinks, but further evidence of inherent weakness in both juice and still drinks. Private Label continued to make solid progress, especially in categories such as packaged water and white milk.
- Good growth for flavored milk as it successfully positions itself as a nutritious after sport recovery drink.
- Weak sales of craft beer meant another quarterly decline for beer in spite of relatively buoyant imports.
- While cola consumption continued to drop, solid sales of citrus, lemon/lime and other fruit flavors helped to deliver positive returns for regular carbonates.
- Some of the decline in sales of still drinks has been driven by a shift by consumers to other products including iced/RTD tea drinks, sports drinks and flavored water.
Canadeans United States of America Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the United States beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in United States to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry hot topic offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation