Constant pressure to improve customer satisfaction, maintain a competitive edge to survive in the market, and enhance decision-making abilities has triggered large enterprises to invest in ICT.
- Large enterprises are focusing on customer satisfaction and maintaining a competitive edge to survive in the market and are thus planning major investments in ICT in 2016 to enhance their decision making abilities to support their primary business objectives.
- The survey also illustrates that large enterprises are investing a major portion of their ICT budget in the core domains of hardware and software in order to reduce downtime, lower operational costs, and achieve operational excellence.
- Furthermore, investment in network and communication equipment and security constitutes the major portion of the hardware budget, while the software budget is primarily dominated by investment in software licenses and vendors support costs/maintenance.
ICT investment trends in large enterprises presents the findings from a survey of 596 large enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how large enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting. The report illustrates the core technologies that large enterprises are investing in, including cloud computing, security products, internet of things (IoT), and network services. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by large enterprises. Through Kables survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to large enterprises.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2016 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions large enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- Large enterprises investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as cloud computing, security products, IoT, and network services
- Factors that are influencing large enterprises investments in each technology category
- How large enterprises IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Large enterprises distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into large enterprises preferred buying approaches
- Business objectives that large enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing large enterprises decisions to select an ICT provider
- Understand how the large enterprises' ICT landscape is set to change in 2016 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by large enterprises in specific geographies and verticals to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of large enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (cloud computing, security products, IoT, and network services)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing large enterprises decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers priorities and identify the business objectives that large enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies