Recent trends such as m-commerce, the ever increasing adoption of tablets and smart phones, and the digitization of business processes, are driving ICT investments among small enterprises in 2016.
- Kables survey shows that a major proportion of ICT budgets are allocated to software, hardware, and IT services such as servers, security, network and communications equipment, software licenses, and cloud computing.
- As one of the most disruptive technologies, the future of the Internet of things (IoT) looks promising with innovative features, compelling small enterprises to consider investment in this domain.
- Kable expects small enterprises to adopt new technologies, which would enable them to achieve a competitive edge in the global market.
ICT investment trends in small enterprises presents the findings from a survey of 882 small enterprises regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how small enterprises currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting. The report illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including IoT, mobility management, business intelligence, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by small enterprises. Through Kables survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to small enterprises.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2016 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions small enterprises are interested in outsourcing
- Small enterprises investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as IoT, business intelligence, mobility management, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing small enterprises investments in each technology category
- How small enterprises IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Small enterprises distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into small enterprises preferred buying approaches
- Business objectives that small enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing small enterprises decisions to select an ICT provider
- Understand how the small enterprises' ICT landscape is set to change in 2016 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by small enterprises in specific geographies and verticals to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of small enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (IoT, business intelligence, mobility management, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing small enterprises decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers priorities and identify the business objectives that small enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies