Within educational institutions, technology is rapidly playing a central role in a students education. New technologies are being developed, which when used in an educational system can provide teachers and students with a more accessible and improved educational curriculum.
- Kables survey shows how key budgets are allocated for educational institutions, covering core technologies such as hardware, software, IT services, communications and consulting.
-Considering hardware investment trends, network equipment is the main technology area leading to investments that provide students with virtual learning environments (VLE) and improve institutions connectivity capabilities. With software, the need to support new creative and interactive methods of teaching are the key factors influencing spending.
-Network upgrades appear to be a common theme throughout budget plans, with network services being the area experiencing the most spending within telecommunications budgets. Privacy and security services is the most important area of spend within the IT services budget, primarily determined by the need to expand organizations network and connectivity capabilities whilst ensuring security and the protection of data.
ICT investment trends in education presents the findings from a survey of 124 educational institutions regarding their Information & Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how institutions currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting. The report illustrates the core technologies that institutions are investing in, including enterprise applications, security products, IoT, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by educational institutions. Through Kables survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to educational institutions. The report focuses educational institutions ICT expenditure trends for specific business areas and technologies, identifying the top three IT projects, and understanding the business challenges faced by institutions.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2016 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions educational institutions are interested in outsourcing
- Educational institutions investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as enterprise applications, security products, IoT, and cloud computing
- Factors that are influencing educational institutions investments in each technology category
- How educational institutions IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Educational institutions distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into educational institutions preferred buying approaches
- Business objectives that educational institutions are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing educational institutions decisions to select an ICT provider
- Understand how the educational institutions ICT landscape is set to change in 2016 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by educational institutions in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of educational institutions
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (enterprise applications, security products, IoT, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing educational institutions decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers priorities and identify the business objectives that educational institutions are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies