The telecom market in the Czech Republic is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.4% (0.8% in local currency terms) during 2016-2021, primarily driven by growth in data revenue. The growth will be attributed to rise in fixed and mobile data usage and increase in pay-TV adoption. Vendors will have significant opportunities to support operators initiatives in network expansion, modernization of network infrastructure and deployments of high-speed network technology solutions.
- The overall telecom service revenue in the Czech Republic is estimated to generate $3.4bn in 2016 and will grow at a CAGR of 3.4% during 2016-2021, to reach $4.0bn by 2021. The growth will be mainly driven by the data (fixed and mobile) and pay-TV segments.
- The Czech Republic telecom market will be dominated by O2 and T-Mobile, which provide both fixed and mobile services, accounting for an estimated share of 58.0% in 2016. Operators are focusing on investing in IoT/M2M initiatives, LTE network expansion and improving broadband speeds to cement their market positions.
- The adoption of 4G services will continue to grow due to operators aggressive LTE and LTE-A expansion targets and attractive LTE voice and data bundles.
Czech Republic: Revenue Expected to Grow Moderately Through 2021 Supported by LTE, Fiber, Pay-TV and M2M Growth', a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in the Czech Republic today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in the Czech Republic compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in the Czech Republic.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony (including VoIP), broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed/pay-TV and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2016 to 2021.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the Czech Republic's telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the Czech Republics telecommunications and pay-TV markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Pyramid Researchs Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Czech Republics mobile communications, fixed telephony/VoIP, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in the Czech Republics telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the Czech Republic.