Cider was the only category across alcoholic beverages to prosper in 2015. Cider sales benefited from double-digit gains and a slightly augmented market share. Performance was mainly driven by booming sales in the premium price segment in the off-premise. Cider, traditionally marketed as a seasonal alcoholic drink, was and in fact still is perceived as a cheap alternative for champagne by the Belgian consumer, during the festive season. During December, cider is widely available in all supermarkets as they stock up to match consumer demands, with BTL marketing.
- Cider out-performed all commercial beverages, as it was driven by above average temperatures at the start of spring and an unusually warm August.
- Product innovation to drive consumption in 2016 with cider being the only category to prosper across alcoholic beverages.
- Private Label share contracted slightly, as it faced strong competition from imported mainstream brands.
Canadeans Belgium Cider Market Insights 2015 Report provides a complete overview of the Belgium cider industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
-2011-2015 actual detailed cider consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
-Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
-Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
-2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
-Details of key cider new product launches in 2015 by company
-Overview of the competitive landscape in the cider market, with analysis of key company performance
-Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the cider market
-Data is also available in excel format
- Gain in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Belgium cider industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Belgium cider market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Compare and track the performance of brands and brewers to develop a competitive advantage
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Identify how brewers can capitalize on current consumer trends and increase brand volume and profit by expanding operations into new areas such as cider
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyze the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new powerpoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Belgium cider market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects