In 2015, the cider market contracted in volume. One of the factors for this decline was the popularity and strong growth of low and no alcohol drinks, that took away interest from cider from some consumers. Beer, which also had many price promotions in retail, contributed to the drop in cider volumes with consumers opting for beer over cider. The French cider market saw a splurge in Private Label that accounted for a modest share of 41% by volumes in 2015. Private Label volumes dropped due to strong competition from leading known brands.
- Preference towards no/low alcoholic drinks dampened cider consumption.
- Organic ciders had low appeal as many consumers believe regular cider to be a quality product.
- Average cider price increased for all price segments driven by increasing share of ros and flavored ciders that drove up the average price.
- Cider brands are largely promoted through events and radio commercials.
Canadeans France Cider Market Insights 2015 Report provides a complete overview of the France cider industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
-2011-2015 actual detailed cider consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
-Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
-Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
-2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
-Details of key cider new product launches in 2015 by company
-Overview of the competitive landscape in the cider market, with analysis of key company performance
-Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the cider market
-Data is also available in excel format
- Gain in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the France cider industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the France cider market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Compare and track the performance of brands and brewers to develop a competitive advantage
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Identify how brewers can capitalize on current consumer trends and increase brand volume and profit by expanding operations into new areas such as cider
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyze the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new powerpoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the France cider market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects