Growth of cider was driven by the flavored cider segment in 2015. Smaller sizes became more popular in 2015, largely due to the increasing popularity of flavored ciders and international products, which are often packed in smaller formats. Trends seen in beer also became influential in the cider category in 2015. Alcohol free variants grew ahead of the category, flavored cider and mixes became more popular and 33cl glass bottles and metal cans increased in share.
- Pear cider also saw positive growth, while volumes for seasonal cider remained flat.
- Private labels saw a decline as consumers moved away from low cost brands, preferring instead to purchase cider of higher quality in smaller packaging.
- Smaller packaging and the popularity of flavored cider drove growth for the mainstream and premium segment
Canadeans Germany Cider Market Insights 2015 Report provides a complete overview of the Germany cider industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
-2011-2015 actual detailed cider consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
-Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
-Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
-2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
-Details of key cider new product launches in 2015 by company
-Overview of the competitive landscape in the cider market, with analysis of key company performance
-Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the cider market
-Data is also available in excel format
- Gain in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Germany cider industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Germany cider market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Compare and track the performance of brands and brewers to develop a competitive advantage
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Identify how brewers can capitalize on current consumer trends and increase brand volume and profit by expanding operations into new areas such as cider
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyze the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new powerpoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Germany cider market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects