The growth of cider sales in 2015 slowed down when compared to in 2014. This was driven by a slowdown in the sales of imported brands. However, this growth is still impressive for the slowing alcoholic drinks industry and is evidence of strong performances from home grown New Zealand brands such as Monteiths and Isaacs. The growth across the New Zealand cider industry has been evenly spread across the on-premise and off-premise channels, as new products, rebrands and brand growth have generally been in a way that appeals equally to bar and home consumers.
- Domestic producers are increasingly strong.
- The New Zealand cider market is mostly focused on 33cl single serve glass bottles.
- Segmentation is developing amongst flavors, with apple, pear and fruit flavored market segments all becoming well entrenched.
- Initial success of international brands stalls.
Canadeans New Zealand Cider Market Insights 2015 Report provides a complete overview of the New Zealand cider industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
-2011-2015 actual detailed cider consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
-Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
-Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
-2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
-Details of key cider new product launches in 2015 by company
-Overview of the competitive landscape in the cider market, with analysis of key company performance
-Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the cider market
-Data is also available in excel format
- Gain in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the New Zealand cider industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the New Zealand cider market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Compare and track the performance of brands and brewers to develop a competitive advantage
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Identify how brewers can capitalize on current consumer trends and increase brand volume and profit by expanding operations into new areas such as cider
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyze the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new powerpoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the New Zealand cider market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects