The summer of 2015 saw the hottest temperatures since records began in Switzerland in 1864. Despite the record temperatures, tourism during the summer also dropped impacting consumption. Domestic brands held the share of throat across total cider sales despite continuing with a declining trend in 2015. All national brands failed to show significant growth as the segment continued to lose out against international brands. Super premium volumes continued to rise as the significance of imported brands became more apparent for the Swiss consumer.
- All advertising and marketing were kept on a local level, with price promotions seen across the off-premise.
- Largest proportion of cider sales is made up of apple cider, as Swiss consumers remain loyal to apple ciders.
- Innovation was very quiet in 2015, with no new product launches seen across the spectrum.
- The stylistic appeal of glass bottles was the main attraction for many consumers.
Canadeans Switzerland Cider Market Insights 2015 Report provides a complete overview of the Switzerland cider industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
-2011-2015 actual detailed cider consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
-Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
-Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
-2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
-Details of key cider new product launches in 2015 by company
-Overview of the competitive landscape in the cider market, with analysis of key company performance
-Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the cider market
-Data is also available in excel format
- Gain in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Switzerland cider industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Switzerland cider market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Compare and track the performance of brands and brewers to develop a competitive advantage
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Identify how brewers can capitalize on current consumer trends and increase brand volume and profit by expanding operations into new areas such as cider
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyze the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new powerpoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Switzerland cider market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects