A large base of young population and low inflation rate is driving the Ice Cream market in New Zealand. The market is led by the 'Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream' category in both Off-trade and On-trade volume consumption.On-trade sales account for the highest distribution share of Ice Cream in the country. Fonterra Co-Operative Group Limited and Unilever Plc are the leading players in New Zealand's Ice Cream market.
- The Ice Cream market in New Zealand is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 3.1% in US$ terms during 2015-2020
- The Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream category accounts for the highest Off-trade & On-trade volume consumption in New Zealand
- On-trade sales account for the majority distribution share across all the categories in New Zealands Ice Cream market
- Tip Top is the leading brand in the Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream category in New Zealand
- Prize Off is the most commonly used closure type in New Zealands Ice Cream market
Consumer and Market Insights report on the Ice Cream market in New Zealand provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Artisanal Ice Cream, Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve, and Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, On-trade and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Rigid Plastics and Paper & Board; container data for: Tub, Bag/Sachet, Wrapper, Film and Box
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning