The South African Ice Cream market is forecast to register high growth in volume terms during 2015-2020. The market is led by the Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream category in both value and volume terms, while the Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve category is forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets accounts for more than two-fifth of the distribution share in the South African Ice Cream market. Unilever Plc and Nestle S.A. are the leading players in the market.
- The Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream category accounts for the highest Off-trade and On-trade volume consumption in South Africa.
- The Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve category is expected to gain maximum share growth during 2015-2020.
- South African consumers are opting for value for money products in the Ice Cream market
- Country Fresh and Magnum are the leading brands in the Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream category in South Africa
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the South African Ice Cream marke
Consumer and Market Insights report on the Ice Cream market in South Africa provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Artisanal Ice Cream, Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve, and Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands during 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, On-trade and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board and Rigid Plastics; container data for: Bag/Sachet,Tub and Wrapper
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning