Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) - 5EU Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025
Lung cancer is currently is the most common cause of death from cancer worldwide. Of total lung cancer incident cases, approximately 85% are the non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) subtype. NSCLC patients are usually diagnosed in the later stages of the disease, with poor prognosis. Historically, treatment options for advanced-stage NSCLC patients have been dominated by chemotherapy. However, the launch of targeted therapies such as Iressa (gefitinib) in 2003, Tarceva (erlotinib) in 2004, and Xalkori (crizotinib) in 2011, has shifted the treatment landscape towards personalized medicine.
In 2015, the NSCLC market in the 5EU was an estimated $1.53B. This growth is fueled by the increasing use of immunotherapies across histologies and lines of therapy in NSCLC. Particularly, the use of PD-1 checkpoint inhibitors in first-line therapy of NSCLC is expected to take away significant sales from conventional chemotherapies that are typically used in the first line. Merck & Co.s Keytruda is the current front-runner in the first-line setting, as its already approved as a monotherapy for 50% PD-L1+ patients, and is showing benefit in combination with chemotherapy regardless of PD-L1 expression.
*This is an on-demand report and will be delivered within 24 hrs. (excluding weekends) of the purchase.
- Overview of NSCLC including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in 5EU including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in 5EU from 2015-2025.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting 5EU NSCLC market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for NSCLC.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2015-2025 in 5EU.