Thailands Ice Cream market is expected to register high growth in both THB and US$ terms during 2015-2020. The market is led by the Impulse Ice Cream-Single Serve category and is also forecast to register the fastest growth in value terms during 2015-2020. On-trade sales account for the highest share in the distribution of Ice Cream products in the market. Unilever PLC and Nestle S.A. are the leading players in the market. The Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve category has higher private label penetration than the Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream category in the country.
- Of the three categories analyzed, Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve is forecast to register fastest growth, registering a CAGR of 12.4% during 2015-2020
- On-trade sales account for the majority of distribution share in Artisanal Ice Cream and Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream categories in Thailand
- Private label products in the Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve category registered faster growth than the Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream category during 2012-2015
- The use of Flexible Packaging is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020
Consumer and Market Insights report on the Ice Cream market in Thailand provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Artisanal Ice Cream, Impulse Ice Cream - Single Serve, and Take-Home and Bulk Ice Cream with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, private label growth analysis during 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, On-trade and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board and Rigid
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning