Latest historical and forecast consumption trends for key beverage categories
Extracted from Canadean's Global Beverage Forecasts report, Africa Beverage Forecasts includes data tables for Nigeria and South Africa, plus a regional summary. Aggregated totals for non-profiled countries are also given to obtain a complete regional picture.
Product analysis is broken down in to 19 beverage categories (packaged water, carbonates, juice, nectars, still drinks, squash/syrups, fruit powders, iced/rtd tea, sports drinks, energy drinks, bulk/HOD water, dairy drinks, hot coffee, hot tea, beer, sorghum beer, cider, spirits, flavoured alcoholic beverages, fortified wine, wine).
Measures include million litres and litres per capita data for 1999 to 2009 actuals, plus forecasts to 2015. Data is provided in Excel format with supporting text in Acrobat pdf for Nigeria. All for immediate download
- Latest historical and forecast consumption trends for key beverage categories
- Canadean's Africa Beverage Forecasts provides historical and forecast consumption trends for key beverage categories across Nigeria and South Africa plus aggregated totals for non-profiled countries to give a complete regional picture.
- Recently updated with the latest forecasts for 2010.
- Includes aggregated totals for "others" to provide a complete regional picture.
- Facilitates valuable data comparisons, enabling the user to monitor the development of commercial beverages over time either by category, country or region and determine share of throat.
- An essential aid for anyone interested in the beverage industry or looking to develop their business internationally or across categories.
- Africa regional summary
- Individual data on Nigeria and South Africa markets
- Supporting text on Nigeria
- Volumes for 21 individual beverage categories
- Data measured in million litres and litres per capita
- Historical trends 1999 to 2009 actuals
- Forecasts to 2015 including latest updates for 2010 volumes
- Data is also available to purchase on a global or individual market basis
Table of Content
Data Table (Excel format)
Data Horizon 1999-2009 ACTUAL, 2010-2015F (forecast)
Measures Volume (million litres), Population (millions), Litres Per Capita
Geographic Coverage AFRICA Nigeria, South Africa, Other Africa
Regional Balancers For regions where it has not been possible to generate total market volumes by profiling each individual country, specifically Central & South America, Asia, Middle East/North Africa and Rest of Africa, we have taken a value judgement to arrive at a balancing Others figure. This is recorded as a separate entity, specific to the Region to which it belongs
Product Coverage Packaged Water, Carbonates, Juice (100% pure juice), Nectars (products with a 25-99% juice content), Still Drinks (<25% juice content), Squash/Syrups, Fruit Powders, Iced/Ready To Drink (RTD) Tea, Sports Drinks, Energy Drinks, Bulk/HOD Water, Dairy Drinks (White Milk, Flavoured Milk, Soymilk and Cultured Dairy Drinks including Drinking Yogurt and Fermented Milk combined), Hot Coffee, Hot Tea, Beer, Sorghum Beer, Cider, Spirits, Flavoured Alcoholic Beverages (FABs), Fortified Wine, Wine
Market Commentary (Acrobat pdf document)
Categories Packaged Water, Bulk/HOD Water, Carbonates, Juice, Nectars, Still Drinks, Squash/Syrups, Fruit Powders, Iced/Rtd Tea Drinks, Sports Drinks, Energy Drinks, Dairy Drinks, Hot Tea, Hot Coffee, Beer, Wine, Spirits, Fortified Wine, FABs