This report provides the results for the Suncare market in France from Canadeans unique, highly detailed and proprietary survey of consumers Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) consumption habits, and forms part of an overall series covering all CPG product markets.Its coverage includes, but is not limited to, consumption behaviors, the extent to which consumer trends influence their consumption and the value of the market these trends influence, brand and private label choices as well as retailer choices. Much of this information can also be analyzed by specific consumer group, providing hard and fast data on consumers and markets at the product category level.
Why was the report written?
Marketers in the Suncare market in France face a major challenge. Understanding market size and segmentation is valuable, but the keys to effective targeting is knowing just how valuable specific consumer groups are, and being able to quantify the impact of consumer trends.This report solves these problems by providing integrated survey-data data on consumer trends, consumer groups and market data which show exactly the size of consumer groups, how much of the Suncare market they account for and which consumer trends drive their behavior.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
In a market characterized by set personal care routines and ingrained habits typically lasting a life time a key to longer terms success is the need to attract new customers and encourage consumption frequency. In the future the ability to target the specific trends that encourage consumers to switch either brands or categories will be key for future success.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Consumers uptake of products and the influence of consumer trends are fundamental causes of change in markets making knowing what these trends are and the extent of their influence crucial.The survey-based data provided in this report examines over 20 consumer trends that affect the market and examines the share of sales across 26 consumer groups providing through the data a detailed insight into exactly who the consumer is and just how much impact the latest consumer trends are having.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The data provided is unique in the market as it tracks consumer behavior through to its actual value impact on a product market. This provides readers with a unique data analysis of the market allowing marketing tactics and strategy to be updated in line with the very latest consumer behaviors.
- Consumer survey data for the following specific categories: After-sun, Self-tan and Sun Protection.
- Detailed consumer segmentation based on survey data covering over 26 consumer groups, 20 consumer trends and consumption frequency for each product category.
- Volume shares in 2011 for brands and private label sales tracked by the survey.
- Unique retailer choice and switching data as tracked by the survey are provided at the product category level for 2011.
- Unique proprietary data that sizes and segments consumers, tracks their behavior and shows the impact of this on their markets
- Results also cover over 20 consumer trends, showing exactly to what extent these trends have a direct influence on a market. As this impact assessment is based not only on how many consumers act on these trends, but also how often they act on this it provides unique insight into the size of the prize when targeting these consumer trends in each category covered.
- The quoted most influential trend for consumers of Suncare in France is Changing Age Structures, this is also the largest influence on market value. This indicates that French consumers not only place importance on using products that are specifically designed for the issues apparent to their age group but also act on this.
- Urban dwellers account for a significantly larger proportion of the Suncare market in France than the Urban:Rural ratio (66:33) would suggest. This indicates that Urban Dwellers use more Suncare products than Rural Dwellers, this could be due to the differing lifestyles with Rural Dwellers spending more time out in the sun, therefore building up their own protection from a young age.
- Private Label products have a very low share across all categories in this market. This indicates that in matters of Suncare, consumers are currently brand loyal. However, it also indicates that there is room for growth of the Private Label market, which is relatively new for Suncare products in Continental Europe.