This report provides the results for the Oral Hygiene market in Germany from Canadeans unique, highly detailed and proprietary survey of consumers Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) consumption habits, and forms part of an overall series covering all CPG product markets.Its coverage includes, but is not limited to, consumption behaviors, the extent to which consumer trends influence their consumption and the value of the market these trends influence, brand and private label choices as well as retailer choices. Much of this information can also be analyzed by specific consumer group, providing hard and fast data on consumers and markets at the product category level.
Why was the report written?
Marketers in the Oral Hygiene market in Germany face a major challenge. Understanding market size and segmentation is valuable, but the key to effective targeting is knowing just how valuable specific consumer groups are, and being able to quantify the impact of consumer trends.This report solves these problems by providing integrated survey-based data on consumer trends, consumer groups and market data which show exactly the size of consumer groups, how much of the Oral Hygiene market they account for and which consumer trends drive their behavior.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
As consumer confidence increases proportionally to economic recovery, consumer trends will be directly affected. Since the global financial crisis of 20082009 the organized retail market has been characterized by an increased amount of discount and own-brand products. Toothbrushes and Toothpaste are considered essential items and therefore recession has not affected their consumption pattern. On the other hand, Mouthwash, Breath Fresheners and Dental Floss are not considered essential items so consumption patterns have been comparatively affected. As economic and market recovery continues over 2012, consumption patterns will record a positive trend in both the Medium and Heavy frequency bands and the amount of Non-users should decrease.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Consumers uptake of products and the influence of consumer trends are fundamental causes of change in markets making knowing what these trends are and the extent of their influence crucial.The survey-based data provided in this report examines over 20 consumer trends that affect the market and examines the share of sales across 26 consumer groups providing through the data a detailed insight into exactly who the consumer is and just how much impact the latest consumer trends are having.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The data provided is unique in the market as it tracks consumer behavior through to its actual value impact on a product market. This provides readers with a unique data analysis of the market allowing marketing tactics and strategy to be updated in line with the very latest consumer behaviors.
- Consumer survey data for the following specific categories: Breath Fresheners (non confectionery), Dental Floss, Denture Care, Mouthwash, Toothbrushes & Replacement Heads and Toothpaste.
- Detailed consumer segmentation based on survey data covering over 26 consumer groups, 20 consumer trends and consumption frequency for each product category.
- Volume shares in 2011 for brands and private label sales tracked by the survey.
- Unique retailer choice and switching data as tracked by the survey are provided at the product category le
- Unique proprietary data that sizes and segments consumers, tracks their behavior and shows the impact of this on their markets
- Results also cover over 20 consumer trends, showing exactly to what extent these trends have a direct influence on a market. As this impact assessment is based not only on how many consumers act on these trends, but also how often they act on this it provides unique insight into the size of the prize when targeting these consumer trends in each category covered.
- Older Consumers account for the largest value share of the Oral Hygiene market in Germany making this an important demographic for marketers to continue to target in a country with an aging population. When taking population spreads into account Older Consumers still consume more by value than other age groups.
- Not only do a large proportion of German Toothpaste consumers, highlight that Better Value for Money and Health have an influence on their consumption; this translates into a significant proportion of actual value being directly influenced as well. Consumers are therefore acting on these trends enough to ensure that targeting them, is essential to success.
- Private Label products have started to gain significant shares of the Oral Hygiene market across all categories; however, in each category one or two brands dominate the market. There is still room for growth of Private Label products, especially considering that Better Value for Money is one of the main influencing trends in this market.