Indonesia is the fifth largest market for cigarettes in the world with an overall market volume of over 300 billion pieces in 2014 with a similar level of sales expected in 2015. The growth of combined market for kreteks and white cigarettes has doubled in 2014 compared to the level in 1990.
- Philip Morris International, which acquired local kretek producer Sampoerna in 2005, leads the overall cigarette market and heads both the kretek and the white cigarette sector.
- Local production, which is strongly linked with domestic sales and boosted by growing exports, showed substantial growth in 2012 with output expanding by over 8% in 2014.
- Combined kretek and white cigarette volumes and annual per capita consumption are forecast to go up by 2025, helped by strong population growth and an expanding economy.
Cigarettes in Indonesia, is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Indonesian market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Indonesian market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.