Vietnam is one of the largest cigarette markets in South East Asia, with overall cigarette consumption estimated at 90.0 billion pieces in 2014. Sales have developed fairly consistently in recent years with the exception of 2012 when growth slowed to just 1.0%. In 2013 volumes grew 6.8%. However, this 2013 increase was followed by 11.5% fall in 2014 as the impact of higher excise-driven prices dented demand and stimulated contraband
The Vietnamese cigarette market is officially almost entirely supplied from local production, although domestic leaf accounts for only around 40.0% of locally manufactured cigarettes. With no majority-owned private cigarette manufacturers now permitted, the cigarette sector is dominated by the Vietnam National Tobacco Corporation (Vinataba), which is 100% state-owned. Imports were officially banned in October 1990 although since 2007 they have been permitted albeit at a prohibitive rate of duties.
Cigarettes in Vietnam 2017 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Uruguay market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.