The Finnish smokeless tobacco market, like other Scandinavian countries, has a relatively large smokeless tobacco market that accounted for 16.6% of the total market in 2015. However, a 2016 law banned loose snus, the largest segment of this category, to keep Finland in line with EU anti-tobacco directives. This stopped the legal sale of snus but has not reduced high local demand for the product across the country. As such, consumers are importing snus from neighboring countries, particularly Russia and Sweden, for personal use or for illegal re-sale. Despite the ban on loose snus, per capita consumption of smokeless tobacco, driven mostly by imported snus, rose to 201.1g in 2016 from 84.3g in 2005. Consequently, the market is forecast to grow steadily in the long term because of black market snus consumption.
- Smokeless tobacco volumes have increased to 1,060 tons in 2016 from only 440 tons in 2005.
- Per capita consumption has grown since 2005 from 84.3g to 201.1 in 2016.
- The local production of smokeless tobacco products ended in 1997 and the market is served exclusively by imports.
- 2% of men in Finland used smokeless tobacco products daily in 2014.
Smokeless Tobacco in Finland is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Finnish tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2025.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.