This report provides the results for the Pasta & Noodles market in Spain from Canadeans unique, highly detailed and proprietary survey of consumers Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) consumption habits, and forms part of an overall series covering all CPG product markets.Its coverage includes, but is not limited to, consumption behaviors, the extent to which consumer trends influence their consumption and the value of the market these trends influence, brand and private label choices as well as retailer choices. Much of this information can also be analyzed by specific consumer group, providing hard and fast data on consumers and markets at the product category level.
Why was the report written?
Marketers in the Pasta & Noodles market face a major challenge. Understanding market size and segmentation is valuable, but the keys to effective targeting is knowing just how valuable specific consumer groups are, and being able to quantify the impact of consumer trends.This report solves these problems by providing integrated survey-based data on consumer trends, consumer groups and market data which show exactly the size of consumer groups, how much of the Pasta & Noodles market they account for and which consumer trends drive their behavior.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The weak state of the Spanish economy has led consumers to review their consumption of most CPG products, including Pasta & Noodles. Since the global financial crisis of 20082009 the retail market has been characterized by an increased amount of discount and own-brand products. However, as consumer confidence increases proportionally to economic recovery, which appears to be in its nascent stages, consumer trends will be directly affected. This makes early identification of the consumer groups and trends driving market behavior essential.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Consumers uptake of products and the influence of consumer trends are fundamental causes of change in markets making knowing what these trends are and the extent of their influence crucial.The survey-based data provided in this report examines over 20 consumer trends that affect the market and examines the share of sales across 26 consumer groups providing through the data a detailed insight into exactly who the consumer is and just how much impact the latest consumer trends are having.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The data provided is unique in the market as it tracks consumer behavior through to its actual value impact on a product market. This provides readers with a unique data analysis of the market allowing marketing tactics and strategy to be updated in line with the very latest consumer behaviors.
Reasons To Buy
- Consumer survey data for the following specific categories: the Ambient Noodles, Ambient Pasta, Chilled Noodles, Chilled Pasta, Dried Noodles and Dried Pasta markets.
- Detailed consumer segmentation based on survey data covering over 26 consumer groups, 20 consumer trends and consumption frequency for each product category.
- Volume shares in 2011 for brands and private label sales tracked by the survey.
- Unique retailer choice and switching data as tracked by the survey are provided at the product category level for 2011.
- Unique proprietary data that sizes and segments consumers, tracks their behavior and shows the impact of this on their markets
- Results also cover over 20 consumer trends, showing exactly to what extent these trends have a direct influence on a market. As this impact assessment is based not only on how many consumers act on these trends, but also how often they act on this it provides unique insight into the size of the prize when targeting these consumer trends in each category covered.
- The Affluent wealth group has the largest share of the market by value, 53%; however this is in line with their share of the overall population. While marketers may wish to target this group, the fact they dont consume Pasta & Noodles disproportionately means other wealth groups should not be ignored, either.
- Ambient Pasta is consumed disproportionately by Urban dwellers. They have a 93% value share of the category, despite accounting for 86% of the population. Marketers of Ambient Pasta therefore need to be aware of the specific trends particularly affecting Urban consumers.
- There is a significant difference in private label penetration in the Chilled Pasta & Noodles categories. While 64% of the volume of Chilled Noodles products distributed is private label, the same is also true for only 17% of Chilled Pasta products. Retailers may increase their investment in their Chilled Pasta private labels in order to grow their market share to the levels achieved in Chilled Noodles.
- Not only do a large proportion of Spanish consumers, in the Chilled Pasta, Dried Noodles and Dried Pasta categories at least, highlight that specific consumer trends have an influence on their consumption, this translates into a significant proportion of actual value being directly influenced as well. Consumers are therefore acting on these trends enough to ensure that targeting them, in the right categories, is essential to success.