This report provides the results for the Pasta & Noodles market in Brazil from Canadeans unique, highly detailed and proprietary survey of consumers Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) consumption habits, and forms part of an overall series covering all CPG product markets.Its coverage includes, but is not limited to, consumption behaviors, the extent to which consumer trends influence their consumption and the value of the market these trends influence, brand and private label choices as well as retailer choices. Much of this information can also be analyzed by specific consumer group, providing hard and fast data on consumers and markets at the product category level.
Why was the report written?
Marketers in the Pasta & Noodles market face a major challenge. Understanding market size and segmentation is valuable, but the keys to effective targeting is knowing just how valuable specific consumer groups are, and being able to quantify the impact of consumer trends.This report solves these problems by providing integrated survey-based data on consumer trends, consumer groups and market data which show exactly the size of consumer groups, how much of the Pasta & Noodles market they account for and which consumer trends drive their behavior.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
As Brazil undergoes rapid development and population dynamics start to take effect, being able to capitalize early on the new emerging consumer behaviors will be fundamental to future growth. This makes early identification of the consumer groups and trends driving market behavior essential.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Consumers uptake of products and the influence of consumer trends are fundamental causes of change in markets making knowing what these trends are and the extent of their influence crucial.The survey-based data provided in this report examines over 20 consumer trends that affect the market and examines the share of sales across 26 consumer groups providing through the data a detailed insight into exactly who the consumer is and just how much impact the latest consumer trends are having.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The data provided is unique in the market as it tracks consumer behavior through to its actual value impact on a product market. This provides readers with a unique data analysis of the market allowing marketing tactics and strategy to be updated in line with the very latest consumer behaviors.
Reasons To Buy
- Consumer survey data for the following specific categories: the Ambient Noodles, Ambient Pasta, Chilled Noodles, Chilled Pasta, Dried Noodles and Dried Pasta markets.
- Detailed consumer segmentation based on survey data covering over 26 consumer groups, 20 consumer trends and consumption frequency for each product category.
- Volume shares in 2011 for brands and private label sales tracked by the survey.
- Unique retailer choice and switching data as tracked by the survey are provided at the product category level for 2011.
- Unique proprietary data that sizes and segments consumers, tracks their behavior and shows the impact of this on their markets
- Results also cover over 20 consumer trends, showing exactly to what extent these trends have a direct influence on a market. As this impact assessment is based not only on how many consumers act on these trends, but also how often they act on this it provides unique insight into the size of the prize when targeting these consumer trends in each category covered.
- Kids & Babies consume the most Pasta & Noodles, with an 18% value share of the market. However, this is equal to their share of the population. No age group consumes Pasta & Noodles disproportionately to its size, indicating that marketers need to introduce differentiated products aimed at different demographics in order to maximize their revenues.
- Not only do a large proportion of Brazilian consumers, in certain categories at least, highlight that the Busy Lives and Better Value for Money trends have an influence on their consumption, this translates into a significant proportion of actual value being directly influenced as well. Consumers are therefore acting on these trends enough to ensure that targeting them, in the right categories, is essential to success.
- There is a significant difference in private label penetration in the Chilled Pasta & Noodles categories. While 34% of the volume of Chilled Noodles products distributed is private label, the same is also true for only 4% of Chilled Pasta products. Retailers may increase their investment in their Chilled Pasta private labels in order to grow their market share to the levels achieved in Chilled Noodles.
- The top three retailers in Brazil dominate the Pasta & Noodles market with a combined volume share of 50%. Beyond this the market is highly fragmented.