The report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the Malaysian personal accident and health insurance market, including:
- The Malaysian personal accident and health insurance markets growth prospects by personal accident and health insurance categories
- The various distribution channels in the Malaysian personal accident and health insurance market
- The competitive landscape in the personal accident and health insurance market
- A description of the personal accident and health reinsurance market in Malaysia
During the review period rising levels of healthcare expenditure, increasing employment rates and industrial growth drove the personal accident and health insurance segment. Consequently, this segment demonstrated healthy growth during the review period. The Malaysian healthcare system comprises public and private healthcare services and Malaysias aging population is expected to drive the segment over the forecast period, due to an increased demand for healthcare services. However, with industrial growth, positive employment opportunities and rising GDP, the size of the middle class population is expected to increase over the forecast period and drive the personal accident and health insurance segment.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the personal accident and health insurance market in Malaysia:
- It provides historical values for the Malaysian personal accident and health insurance market for the reports 20072011 review period and forecast figures for the 20122016 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the Malaysian personal accident and health insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It analyses the various distribution channels for personal accident and health insurance products in Malaysia
- Using Porters industry-standard Five Forces analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Malaysia for the personal accident and health insurance business
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance market in Malaysia and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top personal accident and health insurance companies in Malaysia, and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to the Malaysian personal accident and health insurance market and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Malaysian personal accident and health insurance market
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the personal accident and health insurance market, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Malaysian insurance market and its impact on companies and the market's future
- During 20002010, out-of-pocket healthcare expenditure in Malaysia increased at a CAGR of 14.8%, while GDP registered a CAGR of 5.4%.
- The main reason behind Malaysias rising healthcare expenditure can be attributed to the fact that consumers are inclined to peruse private healthcare in order to receive a better quality service.
- In terms of written premium, personal accident insurance accounted for the largest share and health insurance accounted for the second-largest share in the Malaysian personal accident and health insurance segment.
- The strong growth potential of the Malaysian personal accident and health segment is driven by population growth, rising medical costs, rapid urbanization and GDP growth. These factors collectively contribute to the countrys attractiveness as a destination for insurance investment.